Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition – this is what STARSkate is all about!
STARSkate - Junior/ Intermediate/ Senior
BSC offers both STARSkating and competitive figure skating programs.
JUNIOR (Jr) skater - Must be working on your PRELIMINARY Freeskate test (STAR 1-5 program). At this level, your skater will start working on the dance and skills disciplines as well. They too will be introduced to many jumps and spins and field moves and may begin to test and compete.
INTERMEDIATE (Int) skater - Must have passed COMPLETE Preliminary Freeskate test. At this level, skaters will test and compete. More advanced jumps and spins will be introduced as well as the continuation of dance and skills testing.
SENIOR (Sr) skater - Must have passed COMPLETE Junior Silver Freeskate test. Skaters at this level will be working on more double jumps and flying spins. They will continue to compete and test at the higher levels.
sharpened figure skates - white (or black for males)
skating dresses or leggings with tights
- snug fitting sweaters (no hoodies)
- running shoes for off ice training
- water bottle
STARSkate DATES & TIMES
Registration for 2018/2019 season opens Wed, August 1, 2018 at 9:00 am.
|Mondays (September 10, 2018 - March 18, 2019)||3:45 - 5:45pm|
|Tuesdays (September 11, 2018 - March 19, 2019)||4:00 - 5:30pm|
|Wednesdays (September 12, 2018 - March 20, 2019)||3:45 - 5:45pm|
|Thursdays (September 13, 2018 - March 21, 2019)||4:00 - 5:30pm|
(No classes Oct 8, Dec 24 - Jan 4, Feb 18)
Spring and Summer - We do not run spring and summer programs as the Town of Beaumont removes the ice.
Follow our Facebook page.
- Skaters choose their preferred dates and times of skating. Ice costs will be charged for days skated through the Club. Coaches fees will be billed directly to the skater/family. Ice and BSC Registration Fee includes Off Ice training, Skate Canada Fee, Safe Sport, Insurance and photos ($36 Skate Canada Fee + $14 BSC Registration Fee)
- Skaters must be in "good standing” to participate in Skate Canada sanctioned events (test days, ice shows, competitions, etc.). “Good standing” means that the skater’s registration and coaching fees (if applicable) are paid to date and that the skaters is not under any disciplinary action.
- All skaters taking private/semi private lessons must notify coaches of an absence by 12 pm noon the day of the lesson; however 24 hour notice is preferred. Failure to notify the coaches of absence will result in charged coach fee for missed lesson. Notification to the coaches is to be made by the skater or their parent via email at BSCcoaches@outlook.com.
STARSkate Fundraising and Volunteering - Click here for details
Extra Fundraising - Click here for details
IFS/JP/STARSkaters have the option to participate in extra fundraising. All funds raised are to be used directly by your skater and can be used for competition and test fees.