- Clubs and Coaches have a need for volunteer skaters to assist on-ice and off-ice in delivering the program: these are called Program Assistants.
- This is a volunteer program. Program Assistants will not be paid but will be recognized and rewarded in many other ways.
- It is recommended that Program Assistants be at least age 11 however exceptions can be made. Please contact the Head Coach for details.
- A helping nature
- Patience with others
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly
- A sense of commitment to tasks
- Qualities of a good role model
- Ability to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
The duties of the Program Assistant can range from any of the following:
- Attending training sessions
- Assisting the coach to prepare nametags etc.
- Record keeping
- Preparing posters and signs
- Greeting parents and skaters
- Checking Equipment
- Handing out information and awards
- Leading the warm up/cool downs
- Taking attendance
- Assisting with circuits
- Demonstrating skills and teaching progressions
- Reinforce learned skills (follow up on coach instruction)
- Leading activities
- Assisting with an ice-show
- Helping others
- Learning more about figure skating – which can lead to a greater understanding of ones own technique
- Developing leadership skills – looks great on a resume!
- Helping the sport grow!
- Recognition amongst peers
- Development of a strong sense of responsibility and commitment