Program Assistant Incentive Program
- Skate Canada: Alberta-NWT/Nunavut (Section) considers the role of Program Assistant (PA) to be that of a volunteer.
- The PA position was developed to provide a volunteer experience for skaters to assist with both the PreCan and CanSkate programs
- A helping nature
- Patience with others
- Reliable (please notify coaches at BSCCoaches@outlook.com if you cannot make your scheduled shift)
- Take guidance from coaches
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly
- A sense of commitment to tasks
- Qualities of a good role model
- Ability to lead activities in a creative and enthusiastic manner
The duties of the BSC Program Assistant include the following:
- Attending training sessions
- Assisting the coach to prepare name tags etc.
- Record keeping
- Greeting parents and skaters
- Checking Equipment
- Handing out information and awards
- Leading the warm up/cool downs
- Taking attendance
- Assisting with circuits
- Demonstrating skills and teaching progressions
- Reinforce learned skills (follow up on coach instruction)
- Leading activities
- Assisting with an ice-show
- Helping others
- Learning more about figure skating – which can lead to a greater understanding of ones own technique
- Developing leadership skills – looks great on a resume!
- Helping the sport grow!
- Recognition amongst peers
- Development of a strong sense of responsibility and commitment
PA volunteer contributions may be recognized through an honorarium system. PA will receive a credit of $5.00 per day, of supporting with the Precan and Canskate programs. This credit will be applied to their extra fundraising account. The total will be calculated twice a year; at the end of the fall and winter session.
In addition, PA may be recognized for the outstanding contribution through:
- Acknowledgement letter from the club for a PA’s resume or portfolio
- Credit towards high school volunteer work requirement